Capacious battery and great lifespans are the biggest advantages of Zenfone Max Pro M2. After all, 5000 mAh is more than what contemporary smartphones can offer. Thanks to this, people who are using their smartphones more intensively, can forget about a charger for two days, and those who are using their phone even less can double this time.
Charging the battery takes a lot of time, almost three hours. We need over an hour to achieve 50%, after another we have around 80%. Charging remaining percentages takes additional 40-50 minutes. Capacious battery is an advantage, but the lack of quick charging is less pleasant.
- lifespan with the display on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) - 17 hours and 35 minutes,
- an hour of video streaming (Chrome, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) - 7% of battery lost,
- an hour of streaming videos from the phone’s memory (airplane mode, 50% screen brightness) - 7% of battery lost,
- half an hour using online navigation - 4-5%,
- half an hour of playing Real Racing 3 - 7%,
- PC Mark battery test result – 13 hours and 53 minutes,
- 8 hours in the standby mode - 4-6%.
The ZenFone Max series has put the bar high when it comes to delivering models with good parameters, reasonable price and astonishing lifespans. Last year’s Pro M1 was a great example, and now Pro M2 will follow its steps. Though it has changed from the outside it was not deprived of all the major advantages of its predecessor – it has a capacious battery, the system without an add-on and it is offered in an attractive price. Max Pro M2 in the version with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory costs 285 pounds. Its biggest competition are probably smartphones from Xiaomi, like Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite, Xiaomi Mi A2 or Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Advantages and disadvantages
- great lifespans
- notifications LED
- display’s parameters
- recording in 4K
- Gorilla Glass 6
- pure Android
- a lot of RAM
- satisfying efficiency
- NFC and Google Pay
- silicone etui in the set
- separate slots for SIM and microSD cards
- long charging
- microUSB socket
- plastic housing that catches dirt and scratches easily
- average photos quality
- there is no possibility to hide the notch
- Wi-Fi with only single 2.4 GHz channel