CAT S62 Pro has a battery with a capacity of 4000 mAh. Neither the screen nor the processor are energy-efficient, and yet the smartphone can provide satisfactory working times. In practice, on average, I achieved 1.5-2 days away from the charger.
- working time with the screen on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness, minimum sound level) - 18 hours and 9 minutes,
- PC Mark battery test result - 13 hours and 55 minutes,
- Geekbench result (full discharge, dim screen) - 5519 points, discharge after 9 hours and 30 minutes,
- an hour of video streaming (Chrome, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) - 7% battery less.
- an hour of playing videos from the phone's memory (airplane mode, company player, 50% screen brightness) - 6% battery less,
- half an hour of online navigation - 5% less battery,
- half an hour of playing Real Racing 3 - 10% battery less,
- 12 hours in standby mode - 8-9% less battery.
While the runtime is decent, it will take just over 2 hours for the battery to charge. After 30 minutes, the state of charge is 32%, after an hour - 61%, after 90 minutes - 84%, and after two hours it is exactly 95%. The last percentages increase the slowest. Unfortunately, there is no wireless charging here.
CAT S62 Pro isn't the only smartphone on the market with an integrated thermal camera - other models include the Blackview BV9800 Pro or the UleFone Armor 9, for example - but it's arguably the best smartphone available today with such features. In addition, it is a niche product, designed for people who need thermal imaging integrated into a rugged smartphone. And certainly in this niche CAT S62 Pro will be an excellent choice. Other people, having several hundred euros at their disposal, will rather choose a more mainstream model.
Pros and Cons
- FLIR Lepton 3.5 thermal imaging camera
- extensive MyFLIR heat measurement application
- durable construction and appearance not suggesting the intrusive nature of the phone
- dustproof and waterproof (IP68)
- MIL-STD-810H certification
- Gorilla Glass 6
- loud external speaker
- customizable button on the left edge
- dual SIM support
- memory card support
- good working times
- ergonomics - it's about the buttons on the right edge
- no headphone jack
- does not have the features offered by its predecessor, e.g. rangefinder and air pollution sensor
- screen brightness and sunlight visibility
- free internal memory
- average camera
- processor over 3 years ago
- no face recognition
- no wireless charging