Huawei Mate 20 Lite has a single cell – 3570 mAh. It provides pretty decent lifespans and usually the smartphone has accompanied me during an intensive day of work, lasting even two days with a more moderate usage. Charging the battery, using the charger from the set, takes less than 2 hours. After 15 minutes the battery will show 19%, after 30 – around 35%, after an hour – almost 70%. It is worth adding that we can find here the Quick Charger technology.
- lifespan with the display on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% brightness) – 11 hours and 11 minutes,
- an hour of video streaming (Chrome, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% brightness) - 13% of battery lost,
- an hour of streaming videos from the phone’s memory (airplane mode, 50% brightness) - 8% of battery lost,
- half an hour using online navigation - 7% of battery lost,
- half an hour of playing Real Racing 3 - 9%,
- PC Mark battery test results – 11 hours and 3 minutes,
- 8 hours in the standby mode - 2%.
Huawei Mate 20 Lite is an interesting proposition in the middle segment. The smartphone can be distinguished mainly by its great display, nice looks (to of course this is a matter of one’s personal taste), good efficiency and pleasing lifespans. I am mostly bothered by the average camera work or housing that is difficult to keep clean. The price can be a bit of a problem as well. Mate 20 Lite launched in a typical middle-shelf price – 369 euro. With whom it will compete? Mainly with Pocophone F1, and with Honor Play, Honor 10 and Xiaomi Mi A2 as well. Let us add last year’s flagships, like Huawei P10 or LG G6, and whole other models, which in a similar (or a lower) price offer similar parameters and capabilities.
Advantages and disadvantages
- big display with great parameters
- attractive looks
- FM radio
- dual SIM support
- can use microSD cards of up to 256 GB
- dual-channel Wi-Fi module
- minijack socket
- great lifespans
- quick charging function
- fast, precise and multifunctional fingerprint scanner
- high amount of internal and REM memories
- glass panels can get dirty easily and are slick
- the notifications LED is basically invisible
- cameras stand slightly above the housing and gather dirt around them
- notch is a bit too wide – it does not leave much space for icons
- I have expected a better efficiency and performance from the Mate series representative
- lack of water- and dustproofness (at least one confirmed with an IP standard)
- no display polarization in the vertical position
- I am not entirely convinced with the AI in the camera
- average quality of photos and videos from the main camera
- high price – if we will take the competition into consideration
Source: GSMchoice.com; viewed: 1240 times.