The smartphone is equipped with a 3750 mAh cell with a quick charging. In practice it is enough for a 1.5-2 days of work, though if you really put your effort into it, you can discharge it in less than a day. It all depends on how intensively you are using your smartphones.
- lifespan with the display on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) – 11 hours,
- an hour of video streaming (Chrome, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) - 11% of battery lost,
- an hour of video streaming from the phone’s memory (airplane mode, 50% screen brightness) - 9% of battery lost,
- half an hour of using online navigation - 6%,
- half an hour of playing Real Racing 3 - 10%,
- PC Mark battery test result – 8 hours and 16 minutes,
- 8 hours in the standby mode - 7-8%.
The smartphone supports quick charging and has a pretty powerful charger in the set. After 30 minutes the charging level has 35%, while after an hour – 60%. We need another hour to fully charge the battery. So in practice, from zero to 100%, it takes around 2 hours to charge the device.
Huawei Nova 3 is a smartphone towards which I have no major concerns. The device is attractive, fast and efficient and reliable as a tool for work and entertainment. We cannot even complain about its price.
Through the whole period of testing I had basically no reasons to complain about the Huawei Nova 3 model. And if not this one, which models will be its biggest competition? I think that ASUS ZenFone 5Z (ZS620KL) and Honor 10 can threaten it, it has a similar specification and equally attractive looks, and it is cheaper. In this price shelf there are some novelties and still great flaghsips from the last year – models such as Pocophone F1, Xiaomi Mi 8, LG V30, Samsung Galaxy S8...
Advantages and disadvantages
- great parameters
- attractive looks and high quality of construction
- gradient housing
- amount of memory
- handy shape and ergonomically placed elements
- etui in the set
- great efficiency and smoothly working system
- a lot of functions in EMUI
- effective biometrical security
- support for two SIM and microSD cards
- good lifespans on a single charge
- photos quality, especially from the front camera
- quick charging
- silicone cover in the set
- the housing is slick and it easily catches fingerprints
- night time photos could have been better
- no OIS in the camera
- weak notifications LED
- AI in the camera does not always enhance photos’ quality
- lack of FM radio
- hybrid dual SIM
- single external speaker
Source: GSMchoice.com; viewed: 403 times.