The smartphone has a 3340 mAh battery capacity, which does not offer impressive lifespans. One day is a standard, P30 Lite usually finished a day with a battery charge on the level of around 15%.
And what about charging? Huawei P30 Lite does not support neither wireless nor reverse charging. With the cable and the charger from the set we can fill the battery in around 90 minutes. After 15 minutes the smartphone shows 20%, after 30 minutes – 35%. This is not the fastest charging on the market, but when we will take the battery capacity – 3340 mAh – into consideration, it is satisfactory.
- lifespan with the display on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness, minimal sound level) – 10 hours and 46 minutes,
- PC Mark battery test result – 9 hours and 49 minutes,
- Geekbench result (full discharge) – 4030 points, discharge after 6 hours and 43 minutes,
- an hour of playing videos from the phone’s memory (airplane mode, 50% screen brightness) - 8% of battery lost,
- half an hour of using online navigation - 8-10%,
- half an hour of playing Real Racing 3 - 11%.
Lite versions are slightly castrated versions of flagships. They have similar looks, but are usually made out of less prestigious materials and with a weaker specification – this types of economical procedures are necessary for the price to remain on a rational level. And this is the case with P30 Lite. P30 and P30 Pro are made out of metal and glass, while the Lite model connects glass and plastic. Contrary to the stronger two it has an IPS instead of an AMOLED display, and instead of Kirin 980 it is powered by Kirin 710, instead of an UFS 2.1 memory it has a slower eMMc, weaker camera (for example without the telephoto lens) the fingerprint scanner placed at the back, not under the display. But the price of P30 Lite is much lower at the same time, which is 370 euro – for P30 it is 750 euro, and P30 Pro - costs 1000 euro.
Its direct competition are Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite, Honor 8X, Redmi Note 7 or Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 - all of them offer similar capabilities and specification and cost less than P30 Lite. For the equivalent of 370 euro we can buy Samsung Galaxy A50, LG G7 ThinQ or Huawei P20. With such a competition, Huawei P30 Lite would not have been my first choice.
Advantages and disadvantages
- looks and quality of assembly
- presence of a minijack and FM radio
- good night time photos
- possibility to place a microSD card
- notifications LED
- fast and precise fingerprint scanner
- lots of internal memory
- photos in good lighting
- hybrid slot for SIM/microSD cards
- relatively slow CPU
- does not record in 4K
- the main camera stands above the housing a lot
- night time photos
- competition offers more in the same price
- lack of dust- and waterproofness
- average battery