Q7 has a 3000 mAh cell. And it ensures average lifespans. With a moderate usage it will last until the end of the day, but if we game a lot or use multimedia, it can be problematic and we will be looking for a charger or a powerbank before the evening. The fact that it supports the quick charging Pump Express technology is an advantage, the battery will be fully charged in around 1.5-2 hours.
- lifespan with the display on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) – 8 hours and 11 minutes,
- an hour of video streaming (Chrome, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) - 20-22% of battery lost,
- an hour of playing videos from the phone’s memory (airplane mode, 50% screen brightness) - 10% of battery lost,
- half an hour of playing Real Racing 3 - 9-10% of battery lost,
- PC Mark battery test results – 6 hours and 17 minutes,
- 8 hours in the standby mode - 4% of battery lost.
LG Q7 is not the newest model from LG – it has launched in June. And it had an absurd price of around 350 euro. No, it definitely was not worth it, but after a few months it costs almost a half less (180-200 euro) – and it is a lot more interesting proposition now. If we will turn a blind eye on the old CPU, not so impressive battery and an average camera, we can appreciate the great display, sound through earphones, small sizes or the housing resistant to dust, water and falls. But still it might not be enough when we consider offers from Xiaomi or Honor in a similar price shelf.
Advantages and disadvantages
- compact size and comfortable usage
- display’s quality
- multitasking fingerprint scanner
- dust- and waterproofness - IP68 and MIL-STD 810G standards
- notifications LED
- DTS:X surround system and the sound quality on earphones
- USB-C socket
- FM radio
- good quality of calls
- quick battery charging
- specification is not impressive
- not a lot of memory left for the user
- not the fastest device in its price shelf
- software has some errors, there are occasional lags
- the back panel catches dirt and scratches easily
- poor lifespans
- single-channel Wi-Fi module
- photos’ quality in weaker lighting
- a lot of preinstalled apps
- old security updates
Source: GSMchoice.com; viewed: 265 times.