3000 mAh is now not a value that could impress us. And it is not enough for the smartphone to last on a single charge until the end of the day with a rather intensive usage (mainly the navigation and the camera). With a more economical usage it can maybe achieve a day and a half. But I could not manage to achieve two days of work even once. In some way, the average results of the battery can be compensated by the quick charging Turbo Power technology, as well as the cable and the charger from the set. After 15-20 minutes the charging level exceeds 50%, after 30 minutes there is over 85%, and achieving 100% does not take even one hour. It does not support wireless charging.
- lifespan with the display on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness, minimal sound level) – 11 hours and 53 minutes,
- PC Mark battery test results – 10 hours and 50 minutes,
- Geekbench results – 4674 points, discharged after 8 hours,
- an hour of streaming videos (Chrome, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) - 9-10% of battery lost,
- an hour of video streaming from the phone’s memory (airplane mode, 50% screen brightness) - 8% of battery lost,
- half an hour using online navigation - 7-8%,
- half an hour playing Real Racing 3 - 10%,
- 8 hours in the standby mode - 3% (with inactive Moto Display).
Motorola Moto G7 Plus is priced at 499 dollars. And this is not an excessive price, though the specification could have been more powerful. Good quality of construction, fast charging, nice camera with optical image stabilization and an almost pure system with useful manufacturers add-ons speak in favour of this review model. If lifespans had been better, there would not have been anything to complain about. And the competition, especially from the Chinese manufacturers side is strong, for example Xiaomi (Redmi Note 7, Mi 8 Lite), Huawei (for example Honor Play), Nokia (like Nokia 7 Plus) or Samsung (for example A6 Plus). Which does not change the fact that G7 Plus is a good proposition, which is worthy of considering, provided that you do not care too much about the efficiency and lifespans.
Advantages and disadvantages
- quality of stereo speakers’ sound
- fast and precise fingerprint scanner
- good photos quality
- FM radio
- silicone etui in cover
- minijack socket
- fast charging
- dual SIM cards support and memory card in separate slots
- almost pure Android 9 Pie system
- useful manufacturers additions, like gestures support
- camera with optical image stabilization
- hydrophobic layer, which ensures protection from splashes
- unattractive notch that cannot be hidden
- average lifespans
- lack of notifications LED
- battery’s capacity
- lack of dust- and waterproofness
- the camera module stands out slightly
- competition in this price segment offers more efficient smartphones
Source: GSMchoice.com; viewed: 1535 times.