Motorola One will not beat lifespans records. Its 3000 mAh battery ensures decent lifespans. Provided that we will not fulfil more ambitious tasks, the smartphone will work for a whole day, but with a more intensive usage we must be ready to charge the cell before evening. And how long does it take? In the set we can find a quick charger, and thanks to the support of the TurboCharge technology, it takes less than two hours to fully fill the battery. After 15 minutes we have 24%, after 30 minutes – 37%. After an hour the cell will be charged in 70%. Unfortunately, the smartphone does not support wireless charging.
- lifespan with the display on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) - 11 hours and 39 minutes,
- an hour of video streaming (Chrome, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) - 10% of battery lost,
- an hour of playing videos from the phone’s memory (airplane mode, 50% brightness) - 12% of battery lost,
- half an hour of using online navigation - 7% of battery lost,
- half an hour of playing Real Racing 3 - 9% of battery lost,
- PC Mark battery test results - 8 hours and 46 minutes,
- 8 hours in the standby mode - 3% of battery lost.
Motorola One is an interesting model and it can be a solid – and a really elegant – tool for an everyday work. It is reasonably priced and if it was not for the display’s resolution, old CPU and a rather average camera, it would have beaten down the competition in its price shelf. And now it has to face strong rivals, among which are Honor 8X, Huawei P20 Lite, Nokia 7.1, Xiaomi Mi A2 and Motorola Moto G6 Plus.
Advantages and disadvantages
- elegant, attractive looks
- pure Android and membership in the Android One project
- updates promised for the next 3 years
- a lot of memory: 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal memory
- FM radio
- separate slots for two nanoSIM cards and a microSD card
- great everyday efficiency and work comfort
- glass panels protected with Corning Gorilla Glass
- NFC support
- dual channel Wi-Fi
- silicone etui in the set
- quick and smooth work
- Turbo Power quick charging technology and an appropriate charger in the set
- lack of notifications LED
- competition in this price shelf can offer better specification and better cameras
- photos quality after dark
- wide notch with no option of hiding it
- old CPU (2 years old)
- screen resolution is “just” HD+
- efficiency might not be enough in games and more demanding apps
Source: GSMchoice.com; viewed: 482 times.