The 3060 mAh battery supports the Quick Charge 3.0 technology. It does not ensure outstanding lifespans, usually at the end of the day I was left with around 20-30% of the battery with a moderate usage. Using the charger added to the set the smartphones charger moderately fast. After 30 minutes the level is over 45%, after an hour – 75%. But in order to fully charger the cell we need to wait around 1.5-2 hours. Despite the glass housing the smartphone does not support wireless charging.
- lifespan with the display on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) – 10 hours and 6 minutes,
- an hour of video streaming (Chrome, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) - 13% of battery lost,
- an hour of playing videos from the phone’s memory (aeroplane mode, 50% screen brightness) - 12% of battery lost,
- half an hour of using online navigation - 7% of battery lost,
- half an hour of playing Real Racing 3 - 12%,
- PC Mark battery test result – 8 hours and 18 minutes,
- 8 hours in the standby mode - 5-10%.
The price with which Nokia 7.1 appeared on the market was not particularly attractive. For 319 euro there is a lot more devices with a similar or a better specification. In the same price shelf we can have Moto One or Xiaomi Mi A2 - they work on Android One as well, and recently reviewed HTC U12 Life, let us not forget about Honor Play or Pocophone F1. Why is it worth being interested with Nokia 7.1?
Advantages and disadvantages
- great looks and a high quality of assembly
- Android in the pure version, without manufacturer’s add on
- lack of bloatware
- update to Android 9 Pie
- updates guaranteed due to the Android One program
- precise fingerprint scanner
- loud external speaker
- presence of all necessary connectivity modules and sensors
- dual SIM support with an option to place a memory card
- camera with ZEISS components
- sound recording in the OZO technology
- lack of notifications LED
- the display has a slightly bluish shade, and we cannot calibrate colours in settings
- specification is slightly weaker than in the competition in a similar price shelf
- occasional hang ups
- lack of an FM radio
- the phone is neither dust- nor waterproof
- slick housing that catches fingerprints
- lack of optical image stabilization and a night time mode in the camera
- not so impressive lifespans
Source: GSMchoice.com; viewed: 476 times.