Samsung Galaxy A7 proved to be a nice, good smartphone, though it has a few shortcomings. It has a decent and rather nice housing, it is equipped with NFC and a handy, triple cards’ slot. It has a nice battery, a reasonable interface and a great display. It has no shortcomings in the software, we should not complain about its efficiency and the sound quality that it offers.
The camera is nice, but the inability to record in 4K is strange, and the wide lens – though it can cover a large shot – strongly distorts the image. I did not enjoy the lack of quick charging either, just like the terrible earphones from the set.
Fortunately the smartphone has the minijack. Some of you can consider the presence of the microUSB socket and wide bezels of the display as a flaw – but I was not bothered by these features. The fingerprint scanner is placed perfectly – but it would have been great if it worked faster and more accurate.
The competition is large – but if you are accustomed to the Samsung’s interface - Galaxy A7 can be considered as a good proposition among the middle guys.
Advantages and disadvantages
- bright, clear display
- decent housing
- Dual SIM without the hybrid solution
- reasonable interface
- FM radio
- nicely placed fingerprint scanner
- wide-angle lens
- good sound
- nice background blurring with special effects
- front camera with additional lighting
- decent battery
- lack of quick charging
- is not waterproof
- weak earphones in the set
- wide bezels around the display
- image distortions in the wide-angles shots
- microUSB instead of USB-C
- work of the fingerprint scanner is debatable
Source: GSMchoice.com; viewed: 249 times.