Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 has a 3000 mAh battery. It is not particularly impressive, but it ensures great lifespans. In the PC Mark benchmark the battery achieved over 10 hours of work, and this is a great result. It translates into a two standard days of work away from a charger.
- lifespan with the display on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% brightness) - 14 hours and 41 minutes,
- an hour of video streaming (Chrome, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% brightness) - 9% battery lost,
- an hour of video streaming from the phone’s memory (airplane mode, 50% brightness) - 6% of battery lost,
- half an hour of using online navigation - 6-7% of battery lost,
- half an hour of playing Real Racing 3 - 8%,
- PC Mark battery test - 10 hours and 41 minutes,
- 8 hours in the standby mode - 2%.
The smartphone does not support a quick charging function. When using the charger from the set (1A) the whole time of charging the cell takes exactly 3 hours – after 30 minutes the battery level has 20%, after an hour – 43%. It is best to charge it during the night, than at dawn, because a several minutes of charging will not be of much use.
Samsung Galaxy J6 (2018) does not look like a budget model. On the contrary, it is a neat, handy and well-made device. It will be a reliable companion for an everyday usage, and in addition it introduces a display with prolonged proportion in the Super AMOLED technology to the lower price shelf. Of course there are some compromises, like a relatively low resolution, no support for the 5GHz channel or a plastic housing, however this will not disqualify this model for all. I suspect that in mobile operators offers it will be a popular model. On a free market it might be slightly different – here is a competition in the last year’s Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) model, Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1, Honor 7X, Motorola Moto G6 Plus, Nokia 6, Sony Xperia XA2 or Xiaomi Redmi Note 5.
Advantages and disadvantages
- compact housing and handy shape
- separate slots for SIM and microSD cards
- Android 8.0
- precise and fast GPS module
- properly working biometrical security
- bright AMOLED display with a great contrast and colours
- great lifespans
- sound quality from the external speaker
- lack of notifications LED
- Wi-Fi without 5 GHz channel support
- display resolution could have been higher
- the back panel catches dirt easily
- slow charging
- the fingerprint scanner is too small and is hard to notice
- microUSB socket instead of a USB-C
- no automatic brightness control
- lack of gyroscope
- efficiency is not high enough for more demanding games
- the speaker can be easily muted while holding the phone horizontally
- average cameras
Source: GSMchoice.com; viewed: 440 times.