System and applications
The smartphone uses Android 9 Pie with security updates from the first of June 2019, along with the One UI add-on. It is friendly, aesthetical and intuitive, and it should not make problems for those switching from other systems or are accustomed to other add-ons from other manufacturers. It works fast and smooth, this is a big step forward when it comes to TouchWiz. It is worth noticing that during the first phone configuration we can see some windows because at some point there is a proposed set of apps from Samsung (9 apps in total, including their own browser or email client). If we do not want them, we do not need to install them.
The interface in Samsung Galaxy S10e has loads of function that are worthy of our attention:
- we can change the display mode – we can choose natural and vivid, in which we can additionally set the white balance and RGB colours parameters,
- fingerprint scanner gestures – using this element we can drop down and hide the notifications bar. This function is handy, though the scanner is sensitive and it is easy to drop the bar by accident,
- Full screen gestures – we can use them instead of standard system buttons. If we do it, near the lower edge of the display there are different “zones”, on which we can swipe our fingers to go to the main screen, last used apps or go back,
- Bixby assistant – the button can be configured to run other, more useful apps. Though we cannot get rid of the assistant completely, we can use the button to run a selected app either with a single or double click,
- Edge screen – with a single swipe of our finger we can show an additional menu with shortcuts to selected apps. Screen edge backlight is connected with this app as well,
- Always On Display – shows date and the hour on a dimmed display, useful though it drains the battery,
- Wireless PowerShare – wireless charging of other devices,
- blue light filter,
- Night mode – darker version of the interface,
- Easy mode – a simple main desktop, with a maximum zoom and enhancing the screen and interface elements,
- enhancing video functions,
- dual communicator – we can create two separate accounts for the same app, for example Facebook or Messenger,
- and a lot of gestures and functions connected with personalizing the device.