According to the manufacturer, the 2700 mAh capacity is supposed to ensure making calls for 19 hours. I did not manage to check this time, but in an everyday usage the battery works rather average. The battery lasts for around 1.5 day with a normal usage. While testing with a constant video from YouTube with the screen brightness set to 50%, Sharp achieved slightly more than eight hours – this is not impressive.
Charging the cell takes less than two hours. After 30 minutes the charge level shows around 30%, after an hour there is 62%. In order to achieve 100% the battery needs almost another hour – of course when using the charger from the set.
- lifespan with the display on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) - 8 hours and 13 minutes,
- an hour of video streaming (Chrome, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% screen brightness) - 13-14% of battery lost,
- an hour of streaming videos from the phone’s memory (airplane mode, 50% screen brightness VLC app) - 12-13%,
- half an hour of using online navigation - 8%,
- half an hour of playing Real Racing 3 - 10%,
- PC Mark battery test results – 8 hours and 3 minutes.
Sharp, popular in its home country of Japan, tries to conquer the European market. But in my opinion it can be difficult to achieve this with the C10 model. On the one hand it has unusual dimensions and is really handy, but on the other it was made out of materials that do not befit the middle-price shelf. It has a good display, but it is ruined by the notch. It offers fast communication modules, but when it comes to the efficiency it stays behind in its price shelf. What can we choose instead of it? Maybe Honor View 10, LG V30, or maybe Xiaomi Mi A2, which is much cheaper and has an updated system? There are a lot of choices and it is difficult to protect Sharp as a potential candidate…
Advantages and disadvantages
- handy shape of the device
- display’s parameters
- usage of two SIM cards
- support for memory drives
- notifications LED
- etui in the set
- fast WLAN module
- USB type C
- a rather clean version of Android
- quality of photos in weaker lighting
- notch, which disfigures the display
- shiny, plastic housing
- lack of a minijack
- average lifespans
- average speaker
- old security updates
- too expensive
Source: GSMchoice.com; viewed: 219 times.