The device is being powered by a 3350 mAh cell, which supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. However, in the set there is a slower charger, thanks to which we can charge the phone in exactly 1 hour and 50 minutes.
And how does lifespans look like? You can see detailed measurements below, on average I managed to keep the phone away from charger for around a day and a half. Of course in a more intensive usage we can discharge the phone in one day, especially when we are going to use the navigation and the camera more often. The high power drainage in the standby mode is surprising – you need to remember this when leaving the phone at evening with a weak battery. In the morning it can be depleted…
- lifespan with the display on (YouTube, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% brightness) - 11 hours 32 minutes,
- an hour of video streaming (Chrome, 1 SIM card, active Wi-Fi module, 50% brightness) - 12-15% of battery lost,
- an hour of playing videos from the phone’s memory (airplane mode, 50% brightness) - 6-7%,
- half an hour of using online navigation - 7%,
- half an hour of playing Real Racing 3 - 13%,
- PC Mark battery test results – 10 hours and 19 minutes,
- 12 hours in the standby mode - 10-12%.
Mi 8 Lite - which functions under the name of Mi 8 Youth - is destined for younger users, usually with a smaller budget, but who expects attractive looks, high quality of construction and a great efficiency. And I think that the review model will fulfil their expectations. Especially that it works great and it looks like a much more expensive smartphone than it really is. Let us add that it can be bought for less than 300 euro.
Who can be the biggest competition for Mi 8 Lite? My first thought is Xiaomi Mi A2 or Redmi Note 6, maybe Honor 8X, Honor Play (if you care about gaming) and Huawei P Smart+ (it looks almost identical and has a minijack).
Advantages and disadvantages
- looks and quality of construction almost from the premium segment
- efficient enough for almost all tasks
- fast and precise fingerprint scanner
- notifications LED above the speaker for calls
- photos quality both from the main and the front camera
- microSD cards support
- Quick Charge 3.0
- silicone etui in the set
- attractive price
- lack of dust- or waterproofness
- no notifications icons
- lack of a minijack
- lack of infrared sensor and NFC
- the housing catches fingerprints easily and is slippery
- charger from the set does not support quick charging
Source: GSMchoice.com; viewed: 206 times.