Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro can astonish, but is not free from flaws. Among them we can count the lack of waterproofness and wireless charging, the lack of minijack and the low quality of the adapter, lack of an FM radio and a wide notch, which prevents from displaying notifications icons. We can complain about the quality of panoramic photos and the work of the fingerprint scanner. The battery could have been bigger, and the absence of the memory cards’ socket can be bothersome as well.
But the rest… The rest is great. The phone takes good photos and videos, it has a good display and a great facial recognition system, and what is more – a high-class housing. The efficiency is great, just like ergonomics and interface. I am hesitant to say this, but the stylization of Mi 8 Pro is simply perfect.
The price difference is not high. I can pay more for effective looks and a bells-and-whistle (though sometimes irritating) scanner without a hesitation. Who said that we cannot surround ourselves with pretty things…?
Advantages and disadvantages
- brilliant backs stylization
- bright, clear display
- good and able facial recognition
- good quality of assembly
- reasonable interface
- high efficiency
- quick charging
- etui in the set
- photos quality adequate to the price
- Dual SIM
- possibility to record calls and display
- accurate GPS
- good sound
- good background blurring with special effects
- slow (though effective) fingerprint scanner
- lack of a microSD cards socket
- no minijack
- the phone is not waterproof
- lack of an FM radio
- no earphones in the set
- lack of notifications icons on the bar
- big notch
- panoramas are connected poorly
- average battery capabilities
Source: GSMchoice.com; viewed: 373 times.