Nokia 6.2 debuts with three cameras, but it also attracts attractively with a PureView display with HDR. In addition, the manufacturer makes reasonable compromises between price and performance; check yourself.
Nokia 6.2 - PureView in action
In the upper tray of the smartphone you will find a display switch, thanks to which you can immediately see the difference between a display without and with PureView. The image enriched with this technology seems more contrasting and saturated. Working HDR is very useful on a relatively small screen compared to a laptop or TV, allowing you to watch movies in fairly comfortable conditions. With ordinary daily interface use with PureView, you can rather give up, because it probably slightly reduces the time spent on one charge.
Nokia 6.2 has a 6.3-inch display working in FHD+ resolution. Contrasting, with adequate brightness, fills the front panel of the smartphone well, although the impression is slightly spoiled by a droplet notch. The manufacturer decided to protect it in the form of Corning Gorilla glass in a very scratch-resistant, but much less on the impact series 3. Glass appears on both sides of the housing separated by a composite polymer bezel, which is to be twice as durable as the standard polycarbonate plastic.
A lot of variants, dual-SIM without hybrid
variant - 3 or 4 GB of DDR4x RAM. The user is provided with 32, 64 or 128 GB eMMC 5.1 flash memory with the possibility of expanding with cards by another 512 GB. Despite the fact that Nokia 6.2 supports the dual-SIM standard, you do not have to worry about the simultaneous support of external memory, because we have three slots.
Nokia 6.2 will allow the use of 5 GHz WiFi, provide BT 5.0 connectivity, support almost all location standards including the Galileo system. Among the sensors we will also find a gyroscope, and the fingerprint reader was in the place most optimally selected for the index fingers of both hands - at the back, under the camera module.
3 cameras, expressive design
The camera module protrudes above the smartphone housing. Three camera eyelets + LED diode are in a black round panel framed by a silver clamp. The whole looks very aesthetically pleasing. The first fiddle in the system is played by a mesh with 16 Mpx matrix and f/1.8 lens brightness. The second rear camera has only an 8 Mpx matrix, but a wide-angle lens with 118° field of view was used in its construction. The third 5 megapixel eye is used for depth measurement. In the front we have an 8 Mpx matrix.
At the moment it is difficult to say anything about the quality of photos - you will have to wait for some longer tests. On the screen of the smartphone after enlarging the photos look good - and this is probably to be expected
Battery and a few small things
Nokia 6.2 has a 3500 mAh battery. This is acceptable, although the competition excels on this shelf, however, in a slightly higher capacity. 10-watt charging is a guarantee that we will not wait half a day for refilling the battery. The producer gives 16 days in standby mode and 28.5 hours of talk time. The smartphone has an FM radio, a notification LED, a dedicated Google Assistant button and OTG support. I am also glad that payments can be made using NFC.
This solid medium-range phone will be sold in classic black, and in a colour that the manufacturer calls Ice, which resembles a very, very light blue. Nokia 6.2 will be available in October. O the global market the 3/32 GB version will cost 199 euro, and 4/64 - 249 euro.
Nokia 6.2 - technical specification
- Networks: GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900; WCDMA 1, 5, 8; LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Operating system: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- Memory: 3/4 GB DDR4x RAM; flash: 32/64/128 GB, e-MMC 5.1, microSD up to 512 GB
- SIM card support: dual-SIM, separate memory card slot
- Display: 6.3" FHD+, PureDisplay, typ. 500 nits brightness, 1: 1500 contrast, NTSC 96%, HDR10 support, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on both sides of the smartphone
- Cameras: main 16 Mpx f/1.8 + depth measurement 5 Mpx + wide angle 8 Mpx f/2.2 FoV 118°, LED flash; 8 Mpx f/2.0 front camera
- Interfejsy: 802.11 b/g/n/ac, BT 5.0, USB-C (USB 2.0), OTG, jack audio 3,5 mm
- Location: GPS/AGPS, GLONASS, BDS, Gallieo
- Sensors: ambient light, RGB, proximity, accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope
- Battery: non-replaceable 3500 mAh, 5V/2A charging
- 3G talk time: 28.5 hours
- Standby time: 16 days
- Additional: 2 microphones, FM radio, Google Assistant button, notification LED, NFC, Qualcomm aptX audio
- Dimensions and weight: 159.88 x 75.11 x 8.25 mm/180 g